Introduction to Raw Edge Applique || Saturday, August 6th 10am-2pm
This is the class to take if you have been afraid to try applique, or just need some practice. This class is machine applique, and will teach you the basics, and then we’ll make a small project together.
Two fat quarters in contrasting colors for practice, if you have some good size pieces of fabric you just don’t like, they will work very well for practice. A fat quarter size is optimal for practicing. You will learn straight lines, corners, and curves.
“Half to Have my Christmas Tree” kit (available at the shop)
- "Half to Have my Christmas Tree" kit (available at the shop)
- Thread…it’s a good idea to have a thread in a contrasting color to take a good look at your stitches. Thread that blends in with the fabric in the kit.
- Iron…if you can bring your own, less wait at the ironing board
- I always like to use a pressing mat, but can be done without one
- foot for your machine that works with a blanket stitch
- Fusible web, I prefer Heat and Bond light. you will need a good amount, at least 18" or so
Pre-Class Instructions: None!!