Jelly Roll Rug Class || Wednesdays July 6th and 20th (Two Session Class) 5:30-8:30pm
Back by popular demand!
This stunning rug is made using just a Jelly Roll, some batting, and thread. Join Irene as she walks you through the techniques and process to create your own area rug!
Teacher: Irene Henion
Skill Level: Confidant Beginner. Must know how to use a sewing machine.
Cutting mats and iron will be provided for use in the classroom.
Required Supplies: (all supplies are available for purchase at Town and Country Quilt Shop)
- 1 Jelly Roll or 40-42 strips of fabric 2 ½” x 42”
- 1 ¼ yards 100% Cotton Batting 96” inches wide or a roll of Katahdin batting (50 yards)
- (if using your own batting you will need Batting Seam Tape)
- Size 14-18 Jeans Sewing Machine Needle
- 1 large spool of thread(at least 1200 yards to blend or contrast with your fabrics)
- Best Press or other light starch
- Sewing machine in good working order with a walking foot or dual feed
- ***Jelly Roll Sasher (available at the shop)
- A basket or box to feed the rope into as it comes off the machine